I’ve been nominated for a Leibster! A big thank you to Laura who put in my name – definitely give her blog, LoveLeaveLaura, some love and you’ll probably learn a few beauty hacks while you’re there. This is my second Leibster and I feel very lucky. My first nomination happened when I just started my blog, and now that I’m getting closer to 100 followers, I feel like it’s all coming together nicely with the second. Let’s get started! So I’ll answer the 11 questions Laura proposed, and then I’ll nominate 11 more bloggers with under 2000 followers for this award. Here we go.
1. Where’s your top three countries/cities you would like to visit and why?
Good question! Rio de Janiero – because I’d love to see the clear water and pretty beaches, visit one of my dearest friends I met while studying abroad, and enjoy the heat. New Orleans – because I’ve never been to the South, I would love to try a beignet or 100, I love seafood and I love to dance. Saigon – because I have never been to Asia, my family is originally from Vietnam and I feel some roots, and the food / scenery would be off the chain.
2. What travel-sized items will you be packing in your travel makeup bag this summer?
Not sure how much I’ll be traveling but my Burt’s Bees lip balm is a tiny item I carry everywhere!
3. What’s your favorite drug store brand and product?
Herbal Essences, the original line they just re-released a while ago. It smells so f’ing good.
4. Save money or Splurge on setting powder?
I am not huge on setting powder so probably save. I have a Sephora line one… so I suppose you can meet in the middle!
5. Which celebrity’s closet do you wish was yours? Which celebrity’s makeup artist do you wish was yours?
Olivia Palermo … and Olivia Palermo’s. I like her whole aesthetic, maybe not her attitude or voice… but her style is on point. Haha! I also think it would be fun to have the Kardashian glam squad for a week. Not longer.
6. Whenever you’re at the thrift store, what’s one item you’re hoping to find?
OOH good question. Right now I am looking for high waisted flared patterned pants. Sounds garish but I think it can be done with the right platform wedges!
7. Do you feel like you need to wear makeup every day? Or are you confident enough to go bare faced some days?
No! I wear varying amounts of make up most days but remind myself sometimes that my face is fine the way it looks when I wake up. I don’t want people thinking I don’t look like myself when I don’t wear make up, so I show up places bare faced every so often. I feel less glam for sure, but it’s good for the skin to breathe.
8. Favorite sunscreen?
I don’t think I have one. But if I did, it would use non-chemical sunscreen.
9. Favorite accessory?
Besides a big smile, a nice manicure. If not that, then my new sunglasses from the thrift store.
10. French manicure or funky pattern/bright colors?
Funky for sure! Although I do appreciate a classy french on ladies.
11. Favorite beauty hack?
When you’re sick and blowing your nose a lot, apply lip balm to your nose for immediate comfort. Also, when you don’t have blush, use your lipstick!
And a bonus question:
12. Favorite 90s trend that you’re most likely to wear?
Crop tops (I think I used to call them belly shirts in the 90’s though), if I had my choker I would wear it, if jelly shoes were comfy I would wear them. I own a pair of platform baby spice-esque shoes that I’ll bust out sometimes… I’m a 90’s baby so I’ll do anything 90’s. Oh brown/beige lips too!
Time for my questions for my nominees!
1. What’s your go-to hairstyle on an average day?
2. Do you paint your own nails or get them done on a regular basis? Or do you prefer natural nails?
3. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
4. Where are you now (location) and where is somewhere you’d love to visit?
5. Lipstick or lipgloss? What’s your favorite ever?
6. Spring trends or Fall trends? Why?
7. Who’s someone who inspires you? If that’s too hard (it is for me), who gives you beauty inspiration?
8. Bangs or no bangs? (Fringe)
9. Would you rather have thick eyebrows or thin eyebrows? And you have to choose one!
10. What’s your favorite physical feature, and your least favorite physical feature? How about favorite/least favorite character trait?
11. What’s your favorite song currently? Sing the chorus for me!
Alright folks… sending my love and nominations in no particular order to: